domingo, 17 de junio de 2012

REVISION


PASSIVE VOICE SENTENCES

1.     His girlfriend is going to buy him a car.
2.     Parents always love their children.
3.     The children are going to draw some animals.
4.     The boss offered him an excellent job.
5.     We will give you plenty of time to complete the test.
6.     Has anybody shown you the new fitness machine in the gym?
7.     The executives paid the staff more than 200 euros to do the cleaning.
8.     They gave an award to an unknown actress.
9.     People expect that salaries will increase in Januar
      You must not open doors when recording.
1   Police rported that criminals knocked over a woman when running away.
     In the medieval age scientists believed that the earth was the centre of the universe.

REPORTED SPEECH

1.     “What is the time?”, asked the parents.
2.     “I´ve missed my train, now I´ll be late for work and my boss will be furious”, said Bill.
3.     “Do you want to buy any second-hand books?, said Bill.
4.     “I´m going fishing with mother this afternoon”, said the small boy.
5.     “What have you bought for Mary´s birthday?, I asked my mother.
6.     “Don´t believe everything you hear”, he told me.
7.     “Open the safe”, the police ordered.
8.     “Why don´t we go by train?”, she said.
9.     “How much should we pay for a month in Spain?” They asked me

CONDITIONAL SENTENCES

Rewrite the following sentences using a conditional sentence.
1.     Since she doesn´t love him, she won´t marry him.
2.     Nobody told me it was your birthday, and so I asked you to clean out the larder.
3.     I´m not the president. I think many things should be changed in this country.
4.     She was watching TV. The children started a fire.
5.     I never win the lottery. I would like to travel round the world.
Complete the following sentences
1.     I won´t go there unless…..
2.     If you refuse to help me….
3.     If I had gone to the cinema…
4.     If my friends had a car…
5.     We would have told you everything…
CONNECTORS

Join the following sentences using the following connectors.

THEREFORE      DESPITE   BECAUSE OF

He always makes a great effort to achieve his goals. However, there is always someone better than him.

She was willing to go on holiday so she started preparing everything in great advance.

They had to stop driving their car since they had run out of petrol.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario