lunes, 18 de junio de 2012


Key

PASSIVE VOICE

1.       He is going to be bought a car.
A car is going to be bought to him.
2.       Children are always loved by their parents.
3.       Some animals are going to be drawn by the children.
4.       He was offered an excellent job by the boss.
An excellent job was offered to him by the boss.
5.       You will be given plenty of time to complete the test.
6.       Have you been shown the new fitness machine in the gym?
Has the new fitness machine in the gym been shown to you?
7.       The staff was paid more than 200 euros to do the cleaning.
More than 200 euros were paid to the staff to do the cleaning.
8.       An unknown actress was given an award.
An award was given to an unknown actress.
9.       It is expected that salaries will increase in January.
Salaries are expected to increase in January.
10.   Doors must not be opened when recording.
11.   It was reported that criminals knocked over a woman when running away.
Criminals were reported to have knocked over a woman when running away.
12.   In the medieval age it was believed that the earth was the centre of the universe.
In the medieval age the earth was believed to be the centre of the universe.

REPORTED SPEECH

1.       The parents asked what the time was.
2.       Bill said that he had missed his train, then he would be late for work and his boss would be furious.
3.       Bill asked me if I wanted to buy any second-hand books.
4.       The small boy said that he was going fishing with mother that afternoon.
5.       I asked my mother what she had bought for Mary´s birthday.
6.       He told me not to believe everything I heard.
7.       The police ordered me to open the safe.
8.       She suggested going by train.
9.       They asked me how much we should pay for a month in Spain.

CONDITIONAL SENTENCES
Rewrite the following sentences using a conditional sentence.
1.       If she loved him, she would marry him/ She would marry him if she loved him.
2.       If someone had told me it was your birthday, I would not have asked you to clean out the larder. / I would not have asked you to clean out the larder if someone had told me it was your birthday.
3.       If I were the president, I would change many things in this country/ I would change many things in this country if I were the president.
4.       If she hadn´t been watching TV, the children wouldn´t have started a fire./ The children wouldn´t have started a fire if she hadn´t been watching TV.
5.       If I ever won the lottery, I would like to travel round the world/ I would like to travel round  the world if I ever won the lottery.
Complete the following sentences
1.       I won´t go there unless YOU INVITE ME TO GO.
2.       If you refuse to help me I WILL NEVER HELP YOU THEN.
3.       If I had gone to the cinema I WOULD HAVE WATCHED MEN IN BLACK3.
4.       If my friends had a car WE WOULD GO TO SEVILLA THIS WEEKEND.
5.       We would have told you everything IF YOU HAD LISTENED TO US.
CONNECTORS

Join the following sentences using the following connectors.

THEREFORE        DESPITE               BECAUSE OF

1.       He always makes a great effort to achieve his goals. However, there is always someone better than him.
DESPITE MAKING A GREAT EFFORT TO ACHIEVE HIS GOALS, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN HIM.
2.       She was willing to go on holiday so she started preparing everything in great advance.
SHE WAS WILLING TO GO ON HOLIDAY. THEREFORE, SHE STARTED PREPARING EVERYTHING IN GREAT ADVANCE.
3.       They had to stop driving their car since they had run out of petrol.
THEY HAD TO STOP DRIVING THEIR CAR BECAUSE OF THE PETROL. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario